The Installation marathon for the year 2017-18 kicked off with the 5th Installation Ceremony of Rotaract Club of National School of Business Management. It was held on the 4th of July 2017 from 6.30 p.m. onwards at the DHPL auditorium. On behalf of our club Rtr. Vinura Ganegoda, Rtr. Kavinda Bandulasena, Rtr. Sethil Muhandiram, Rtr. Gavindu Saranga and Rtr. Dhanushika Ranawaka attended the event.
The event was commenced with the arrival of the Chief Guest and the other dignitaries and the lightening of the traditional oil lamp. The Chief Guest of the event was Rtn. Chamath Kulasinghe, President of Rotary Club of Colombo West, which is the sponsoring club of the Rotaract club of NSBM.
The ceremony was called to order by the outgoing President Rtr. Oshadha Abhayasundara and was followed by the Rotaract Invocation, Flag Salutation, Four-way test and the Rotaract song. The secretarie’s report for the year 2016-17 was presented by the outgoing secretary Rtr. Carine Anandage from a creative video clip which included memorable photographs from each project of that year.
The outgoing president Rtr. Oshadha Abhayasundara collared Rtr. Thilina Ahangama and officially handed over the duties and responsibilities of the club. Then the new Board of Directors for the year 2017-18 were inducted.
The Board of Directors for the year 2017-18 are as follows:
- President- Rtr. Thilina Ahangama
- Immediate Past President – Rtr. Oshadha Abhayasundara
- Vice President – Rtr. Piyath Gunawardane
- Secretary- Rtr. Matheesha Pathmaperuma
- Assistant Secretary- Rtr. Isuri Abeywickrema
- Treasurer- Rtr. Vimukthi Bandara
- Sergeant at Arms – Rtr. Rukshan Neelawathura
- Professional Development Directors – Rtr. Tabit Jeffrey / Rtr. Farshard Samsudeen
- Community Service Directors – Rtr. Suvini Dahanayake / Rtr. Dulith Kulatunge
- International Services Director – Rtr. Ranuli Chamathka
- Club Service Director – Rtr. Lahiru Ranatunge
- Finance Director – Rtr. Gimhan Manchanayake
- Sustainability Development Director – Rtr. Kevin Perera
- Public Relations Director – Rtr. Peshala Dayanatha
- Sports Director – Rtr. Rimzan Sadikeen
- Coordinator – Rtr. Peshala Kalansooriya
After the distribution of tokens of appreciation to the dignitaries, the floor was open for felicitations. Then the 5th Installation ceremony of Rotaract club of National School of Business Management was successfully concluded.
The Rotaract Club of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology is happy to have participated in the Installation Ceremony and we wish the Rotaract Club of NSBM all success in the new Rotaract Year.
Rtr. Dilini De Silva