The 14th Installation ceremony of the Rotaract Club of Pamunugama was held on the 9th of July 2017 at Rotary Vocational Training Center in Pamunugama. It was a unique installation, they had chosen an outdoor venue and in addition to that, the installation was conducted in Sinhala. . On behalf of our club Rtr. Sandali Thiranagama, Rtr. Dileka Hettikankanama and Rtr. Ruvini Kannangara attended the event.
The event was commenced with the arrival of the Chief Guest and the other dignitaries and the lightening of the traditional oil lamp. The ceremony was called to order by the outgoing President Rtr. Damiyan Randana and was followed by the Rotaract Invocation, Flag Salutation, Four-way test and the Rotaract song. The secretary’s report for the year 2016/17 was presented by the outgoing secretary from a creative video clip which included memorable photographs from each project of that year.
Then the outgoing president Rtr. Damiyan Randana addressed the gathering and shared his thoughts. He did not forget to thank everyone who supported him to complete the year successfully. After the speech the outgoing president Rtr. Damiyan Randana collared the Incoming president Rtr. Tharanga Perera and officially handed over the duties and responsibilities of the club. Then the new Board of Directors for the year 2017/18 were inducted.
The Board of Directors for the year 2017/18 are as follows:
- President- Rtr. Tharanga Perera
- Immediate Past President – IPP. Damiyan Randana
- Vice President – Rtr. Sangeeth Ashan
- Secretary- Rtr. Ranuka Dilshan
- Treasurer- Rtr. Sanesh Ramanayake
- Sergeant at Arms – Rtr. Chamara Perera
- Professional Development Director– Rtr. Sajith Jayakody
- Community Service Director – Rtr. Sangeeth Ashan
- International Services Director – Rtr. Haresh Jayamanne
- Club Service Director – Rtr. Shehan Jayakody
- Sports Director – Rtr. Dale Nonis
- Public Relations Directors – Rtr. Sumali Jayamanne, Rtr. Shenali Jayamanne
- IT Director – Rtr. Joseph Russell
Afterwards, DRR Rtr. PP. Anuradha Senanayake was invited to address the gathering. She congratulated the new President and the Board of Directors and recognized the efforts of Rtr. IPP Damiyan Randana. This was followed by a short address by the DRCC 2017-18 Rtn. Bobby Srinivaas.
After the distribution of tokens of appreciation to the dignitaries, the floor was open for felicitations. Then the 14th Installation ceremony of Rotaract Club of Pamunugama was successfully concluded.
The Rotaract Club of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology is happy to have participated in the Installation Ceremony and we wish the Rotaract Club of Pamunugama all success in the new Rotaract Year.
Rtr. Dilini De Silva