The 7th installation ceremony of the Rotaract club of University of Colombo, Faculty of Management and Finance was held on the 11th of August 2017 at the New Arts Theatre of University of Colombo. On behalf of our club; Rtr. Vinura Ganegoda, Rtr. Gavindu Saranga, Rtr. Dilini de Silva, Rtr. Duleesha Waidyarathne and Rtr. Dhanushika Ranawaka attended the event.
The event was commenced with the arrival of the Chief Guest and the other dignitaries and the lightening of the traditional oil lamp. The Chief Guest of the event was Rtn. PHF. Selvarajah Maherkanth and the Guest of honor for the evening was the Immediate Past District Governor, Rtn. PHF. Senaka Amarasinge.
The ceremony was called to order by Rtr. Mandree Dissanayake and was followed by the Rotaract Invocation, Flag Salutation, Four-way test and the Rotaract song. The gathering was then formally welcomed by the project Chairperson Rtr. Kalani Perera. The secretary’s report for the year 2016-17 was presented by the outgoing secretary Rtr. Thilini Leeniyagolla from a creative video clip which included memorable photographs from each project of that year. Also they had arranged a fun event to make the fellow members entertained throughout the installation ceremony.
After an interesting introduction about the incoming president nicely given by Rtr. Dinuk Wickramanayake; the outgoing president Rtr. Hiruni Perera collared Rtr. Akhila Wijetunga and officially handed over the duties and responsibilities of the club. Then the new board of members were inducted.
The board of Directors for 2017-18 of the club are as follows:
- President – Rtr. Akhila Wijetunga
- Immediate Past President – Rtr. Christeena Hiruni Perera
- Joint Vice Presidents – Rtr. Malith Mendis, Rtr. Isuri Alahakoon, Rtr. Shenali Fernando
- Secretary – Rtr. Manahari Singarachchi
- Treasurer – Rtr. Mandree Dissanayake
- Assistant Secretary – Rtr. Udanee Silva
- Sergeant- at-Arms – Rtr. Krishmal Fernando
- Co – Editors – Rtr. Sarala Gunawardana, Rtr. Chamini Abeysekara
- Co – Directors Club Service – Rtr. Kalani Perera, Rtr. Akshana Perera
- Co – Directors Community Service – Rtr. Amandi Umagiliya, Rtr. Limashi Kosgodage
- Director Green Life – Rtr. Rushdan Refai
- Co – Directors International Service – Rtr. Pulara De Silva, Rtr. Ayesha Samarathunga
- Co – Directors Professional Development – Rtr. Lakna Rajapaksha, Rtr. Dinithi Cooray
- Co – Directors Finance – Rtr. Uvini Liyanage, Rtr. Chathun Heiyanthuduwa
- Director Member Development – Rtr. Ruchika Senaratne
- Director Sports – Rtr. Chamara Madhusankha
- Co – Directors Public Relations – Rtr. Sandunika Wijebandara, Rtr. Ramith Kalana
- Director Information Technology – Rtr. Shanal Mendis
Then the District Rotaract Representative, Rtr. PP Anuradha Senanayake was invited to address the gathering. In her speech she admired the efforts of Rtr. Hiruni Perera and Rtr. Thilini Leeniyagolla for their immense contribution to the club and congratulated on their achievements. She didn’t forget to comment few words on their theme “Teamwork makes the Dream work”.
Then, the podium was taken up by the District Rotaract Committee Chair, Rtn. PP Bobby Srinivas.
After that the Guest of Honor; Immediate Past District Governor, Rtn. PHF. Senaka Amarasinge delivered an interesting speech, educating the young rotaractors how Rotaract will help to win their life.
Next on the agenda was the speech by the Chief Guest for the evening, Rtn. PHF. Selvarajah Maherkanth. She congratulated the club on their great achievements and highlighted the opportunities they can gain by being a rotaractor for their career.
After the distribution of tokens of appreciation to the dignitaries, the floor was open for felicitations. The vote of thanks was delivered by the Secretary for the year 2017-18, Rtr. Manahari Singarachchi, followed by the National Anthem. Then the 4th Installation ceremony of the Rotaract club of University of Colombo, Faculty of Management and Finance was successfully concluded on a high note.
The Rotaract Club of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology is happy to have participated in the Installation Ceremony and we would like to wish the President Rtr. Akhila Wijethunga and his board to a wonderful year ahead where their “Teamwork will make the Dream work”.
Rtr. Duleesha Waidyarathne