The 8th Installation Ceremony of the Rotaract Club of Achievers Lanka Business School was held on the 7th of August 2017 at the Royal College Union Skills Centre, Colombo 3. On behalf of our club Rtr. Vinura Ganegoda, Rtr. Gavindu Saranga and Rtr. Dhanushika Ranawaka attended the event.
The event commenced with the arrival of the Chief Guest and the other dignitaries followed by lightening of the traditional oil lamp. The Chief Guest of the event was Rtn. PHF. Selvarajah Maherkanth, President of the Rotary Club of Colombo Mid Town and Guest of Honor for the evening was Rtn. Satyajit Seneviratne.
The ceremony was called to order by the outgoing President Rtr. Maneesha Abeyarathne and was followed by the Rotaract Invocation, Flag Salutation, Four-way test and the Rotaract song. The gathering was then formally welcomed by the project co-chairs.
The secretaries’ report for the year 2016-17 was presented by the outgoing secretary Rtr Laila Zafir who is this year’s president from a creative video clip which included memorable photographs from each project of that year.
The outgoing president Rtr. Maneesha Abeyarathne collared Rtr Laila Zafir and officially handed over the duties and responsibilities of the club. Then the new board of members were inducted.
The board of Directors for 2017-18 of the club are as follows:
- President- Rtr Laila Zafir
- Immediate Past President- Rtr. Maneesha Abeyarathne
- Vice President- Rtr. Anushan Sathananthasarma
- Secretary- Rtr. Devindini Pathirana
- Assistant Secretary- Rtr. Kenneth De Zilva
- Treasurer- Rtr. Hamdhan Sulaiman
- Assistant Treasurer- Rtr. Rimzan Raheem
- Editor- Rtr. Naadir Thassim
- Sergeant at Arms- Rtr. Shalutha Jayakody
- Directors of Club Service- Rtr. Tharindi Thalahity, Rtr. Mohandas Jeyakumar
- Directors of Community Service- Rtr. Rtr. Mindula Perera, Rtr. Anjali De Silva
- Directors of International Services- Rtr. Randima Fernando, Rtr. Kasun Hettige
- Directors of Professional Development- Rtr. Sathma Jayasinghe, Rtr. Aruna kulathilaka
- Directors of Finance- Rtr. Rahul Samarakoon, Rtr. Naweed Niyas
- Director of IT- Rtr. Akila Kulathunga
- Directors of PR- Rtr. Charaka Welihinda, Rtr. Nichula Liyanage
The Rotaract Club of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology is happy to have participated in the Installation Ceremony of the Rotaract Club of Achivers Lanka Business School and we would like to wish the President Rtr. Laila Zafir and her board to a wonderful year ahead were they will get aspired to the heights they never thought of.
Rtr. Duleesha Waidyarathne