The 8th Installation Ceremony of the Rotaract Club of IIT was held on the 28th of July 2017 at Informatics Institute of Technology. On behalf of our club Rtr. IPP. Kavinda Bandulasena, Rtr. Dilini De Silva and Rtr. Nimesha attended the event.
The event commenced with the arrival of the Chief Guest and the other dignitaries and the lightening of the traditional oil lamp. The Chief Guest of the event was Head; Business School of IIT, Mrs. Kumudini Sarathchandra.
The ceremony was called to order by the outgoing President Rtr. Rumesh Thiruchelvam and was followed by the Rotaract Invocation, Flag Salutation, Four-way test and the Rotaract song. . The gathering was then formally welcomed by the Joint-Club Services-Director Rtr. Dilara Mannapperuma. The Secretary’s report was presented by the acting secretary for the year 2016-2017 Rtr. Thariq Hamad from a creative video clip which included memorable photographs from each project of that year.
Then the outgoing president Rtr. Rumesh Thiruchelvam addressed the gathering and shared his thoughts. He thanked everyone who supported him to complete the year successfully. Next, Rtr. Elon Newton introduced the 8th incoming President of the Rotaract Club of IIT, Rtr. Mohamed Thareef.
Then the outgoing president Rtr. Rumesh Thiruchelvam collared the Incoming president Rtr. Mohamed Thareef and officially handed over the duties and responsibilities of the club. Then the new Board of Directors for the year 2017-18 were inducted.
The Board of Directors for the year 2017-18 are as follows:
- President – Rtr. Mohamed Thareef
- Immediate Past President – Rtr. Rumesh Thiruchelvam
- Vice President – Rtr. Lakindu Goonewardena
- Secretary – Rtr. Thariq Hamad
- Treasurer – Rtr. Arul Sabareesh
- Editor – Rtr. Christina de Lile
- Sergeant-at-arms – Rtr. Kusal Fernando
- Joint Director – Community Services – Rtr. Aravindhan Sathiyanathan
- Joint Director – Community Services – Rtr. Senura Dias
- Joint Director – Professional Development – Sudam Dissanayake
- Joint Director – Professional Development – Rtr. Ashan Dissanayake
- Joint Director – International Services – Rtr. Thejani Wijewardane
- Joint Director – International Services – Rtr. Gayalie Jayawardane
- Joint Director – Club Services – Rtr. Dilara Mannapperuma
- Joint Director – Club Services – Rtr. Harikeshan Sivaharan
- Joint Director – Public Relations – Rtr. Vimukthi Gunarathna
- Joint Director – Public Relations – Rtr. Savindu Jayasinghe
- Director – Information Technology – Minhaz Irphan
- Director – Sports – Rtr. Shakila Perera
- Director – Finance – Rtr. Janushi Kandanarachchi
Afterwards, DRR Rtr. PP. Anuradha Senanayake was invited to address the gathering. She congratulated the new President and the Board of Directors and recognized the efforts of Rtr. IPP Rumesh Thiruchelvam. Also she congratulated the club on their great achievements. This was followed by a short address by the District Rotaract Committee Chair Rtn. PP Bobby Shrinivas.
Then, the podium was taken up by the Chief Guest for the evening, Head; Business School of IIT, Mrs. Kumudini Sarathchandra.
After the distribution of tokens of appreciation to the dignitaries, the floor was open for felicitations. The vote of thanks was delivered by the Secretary for the year 2017-18, Rtr. Thariq Hamad, followed by the National Anthem. Then the 8th Installation ceremony of Rotaract Club of IIT was successfully concluded.
The Rotaract Club of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology is happy to have participated in the Installation Ceremony and we wish the Rotaract Club of IIT all success in the new Rotaract Year.
Rtr. Dilini De Silva