The 22nd Installation Ceremony of the Rotaract Club of University of Moratuwa was held on the 5th of August 2017 at the Thahir Auditorium at the Sri Lanka Institute of Tourism & Hotel Management. On behalf of our club Rtr. Navindu Chamara and Rtr. Bhanuka Yapa attended the event.
The event commenced with the arrival of the Chief Guest and the other dignitaries followed by lightening the oil lamp. The Chief Guest of the event was Rtn. Brian Selvanayagam and the Guest of Honor for the event was Prof Kapila Perera.
The ceremony was called to order and was followed by the Rotaract Invocation, Flag Salutation, Four-way test and the Rotaract song. Then the gathering was warmly welcomed. Then, the secretaries’ report for the year 2016-17 was presented by the outgoing secretary of the year 2016-17. As per the report they have completed 34 projects which included 14 community service projects, 9 professional development projects, 7 club service projects and 4 signature projects. Then a creative video clip which included memorable photographs from each project conducted in the year 2016-17 was played.
Then the Outgoing President Rtr. Chamal Kuruppu addressed the gathering. In his speech he admired his board members for being by his side all the time and for helping him towards the success of the club. Then he collared the incoming President Rtr. Rashan Wickremaratne and officially handed over the duties and responsibilities of the post.
The new board of directors for the year 2017-18 is as follows,
- President – Rashan Wickremaratne
- IPP – Chamal Kuruppu
- Secretary – Natasha Kularatne
- Assistant Secretary – Kashuni Buddhima
- Treasurer – Pooja Sandani
- Assistant Treasurer – Kasun Chathuranga
- VP Admin – Sahan Jayawardana
- VP Community Service – Hansika Sandeepanie
- VP Club service – Sudaraka Jayathilaka
- VP Professional Development – Chiranthana Costa
- VP IS – Isuru Dharmadasa
- Senior Editor – Devni De Silva
- Finance Director – Hasitha Prashan
- Public Relations Co-Director – Isuru Tharanga, Rtr. Dilmi Ambewela
- IT Co-Director- Don Kasun Gallage, Rtr. Yasas Gunarathne
- Community service Co-directors – Pasindu Padmathilaka, Rtr. Bimal Yasasvi Coray
- Professional Development Co-directors – Paveen Perera, Rtr. Chevindu Wickramathilaka
- Club service Co-Directors – Anju Cheran, Rtr. Dulaj Dilshan
- International Service Co-Directors- Nisal Matharage, Rtr. Nalaka Gunathilaka
- Director Environment – Sudara Withana
- Assistant Director Public Relations – Pathum Abeygunawardena, Rtr. Yasas Sanju
- Co-Editors – Koumudi Ganepola, Rtr. Amali Herath
- Special Projects Director – Matheesha Abeysekara
- Sergeant at Arms – Pasindu Nanayakkara
- Rotaract and Rotary Coordinator – Dhanuka Perera
- Membership Development Director – Udeshika Ravihari
Afterwards, the gathering was addressed by DRR Rtr. PP Anuradha Senanayake who made us clear about the importance of leaders and friends. She asked the young Rotaractors to not to forget who our true friends are as the true friendships are rare and matters more than anything.
Next the podium was taken up by DRR Rtn. Bobby Srinivas. In his speech he specially asked the newly appointed board to not to hesitate to get help from their sponsor Rotary club and wished them all the very best for the upcoming year.
Then the gathering was addressed by the Guest of Honour; Prof. Kapila Perera and by the Chief Guest; Rtn. Brian Selvanayagam.
Then the outgoing president was surprised with a large collage made by his board of directors. After the felicitations followed by the vote of thanks, the national anthem was sung and the event was brought to conclusion.
The Rotaract Club of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology is happy to have participated in the Installation Ceremony and we wish the Rotaract Club of the University of Moratuwa all success in the new Rotaract Year.
Rtr. Duleesha Waidyarathne